RnR RV Blog
- 0 0Published on May 01, 2016
5 Ways RVing makes you a better person
There is no doubt that RVing is fun and becoming widely popular, not just among the retiree crowd but among the younger generation as well. But did you also know that RVing can be more advantageous to us in more ways than one? The most important being that RVing makes you a better person and here are the reasons why.
- Rving makes you happier and more relaxed- There’s just something about driving down the open highway that has a mellowing effect on most people. Even if you are just getting away for a weekend trip, the idea of being away from the hustle and bustle of work and everyday life is calming and relaxing. Feel the stress rise up off your shoulders while you are driving down the road or camping at your favorite weekend getaway.
- Makes you more adventurous- With the road and the world at your fingertips, you can go just about anywhere and do just about anything that your heart desires when you own an RV. When you get to experience new things, see more places, and have more fun you become a happier person too.
- Keeps you young- This goes hand in hand with the above. RVing keeps you young by making you feel like a kid again. You get to explore new places and see new things and relive your childhood by camping out under the stars every night. The more you get to do and see, the more active you are which keeps you happier and healthier, longer.
- Teaches you to be more frugal with expenses- When you live and travel in an RV, you become a little more frugal with your expenses. You spend less when you are on the road because you don’t need as many “things” as you do living in a 2,000 sq ft home. The space just isn’t there. Fancy cars aren’t necessary, outfits for every day of the week aren’t practical and fancy meals are gone by the wayside. Although every once in a while you can treat yourself to a nice dinner out.
- Teaches you to be resourceful- Although RVing does have its luxuries, you do still need to be a little more resourceful. Cooking and living in a smaller space has its challenges. You are limited on what you can bring along in your RV because space and weight can become an issue. So you have to learn to live with the basics. You also get to refer back to your boy/girl scout days and light campfires and navigate using road maps (if you don’t have a gps system).
All of these reasons plus many more are reasons why RVing makes you a better person. Overall RVing is just a fun and adventurous way to relive your youth, make memories with your loved ones, and explore the country. If you are living your dreams and doing the things you always wanted to, you are a much happier person overall.