RnR RV Blog
- 0 0Published on Jul 25, 2017
Check out this nacho recipe for a twist on average camping food that the whole family is sure to love!
Campfire Pizza Nachos Recipe
Ingredients: Garlic Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 1.5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Bag of Tortilla Chips
- ½ cups Garlic Cream Sauce (recipe below)
- ¼ cups Onion, diced
- ½ cups Pepperoni, cut into quarters
- ½ cups Black Olives, sliced
- ½ whole Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1 cup Colby-Jack Cheese, Shredded
Garlic Cream Sauce: Melt the butter and olive oil in a sauce pan. Once the butter is melted, add the minced garlic. Stir. After a minute or two, add in the cream and milk. Stir until it comes to a boil. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cheese. Stir until sauce has thickened. Once it has thickened, remove from fire and set aside.
Nachos: Grab your cast iron skillet and add the tortilla chips. Drizzle the garlic cream sauce all over the chips. Top with the onions, pepperoni, olives, bell pepper, and colby jack cheese. The best approached is to layer it between tortilla chips so every bit gets plenty of toppings.
Recipe from: The Tasty Kitchen