RnR RV Blog
- 0 0Published on Nov 20, 2017
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Servings: 24 bars
Calories per Serving: 291
- ½ cup (4 oz) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
- 1½ cup graham cracker (wafer) crumbs
- 1½ semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips, divided
- 1½ cup unsweetened shredded (or flaked) coconut
- 1½ cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1½ cup small marshmallows
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper that hangs slightly over the pan (so you can lift the bars out after they're baked). Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and graham cracker crumbs until well combined. Then pour into the baking dish and press into an even layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Next, layer in the following order from bottom to top: 1 cup of chocolate chips, shredded coconut, peanuts, and marshmallows. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the marshmallows.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until the marshmallows are puffed and golden-brown on top.
- Melt the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips in the microwave (in 15 second intervals, stirring between each interval). Alternatively, use a double-boiler. Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the toasted marshmallows.
- Let it cool completely before slicing into bars and serving.* (see first note)
- *I like to let it cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack before refrigerating overnight to allow the bars to fully set. The bars will cut cleanly at this point. If you don’t cool the bars completely (the bottom of the pan should be cold), it will still be gooey on the inside and fall apart more easily, although very tasty to eat warm with a fork too.
- Store the bars in a covered container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Note that the marshmallows will harden the longer that they are kept.
- Nutritional calories represent one serving with 24 servings total.
- Nutritional values are estimated based on the ingredients used by the author; your ingredients may differ. Recipe from: Yay! For Food