RnR RV Blog
- 0 0Published on Sep 27, 2017
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Popcorn
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- ¾ cup (packed) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
Pumpkin Spice Mix:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Using a popcorn maker, pop the popcorn kernels into a large bowl, making 10 cups of popcorn. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin spice ingredients together. Set both bowls aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, brown sugar, and milk (in that order). Whisk continuously, until the butter melts completely and the sauce begins to bubble and thicken, about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat if the sauce bubbles up too much; it should be a gentle boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, salt, and pumpkin spice mix, until well combined. The sauce will be thickened, but easily pourable, and dark brown in color.
- Pour the warm sauce over the popcorn. Using a spatula, gently toss to evenly coat the popcorn with the sauce. Best served immediately.
Recipe from: Yay! For Food